Summit X430 Series
Open Fabric Edge Switches
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
The Extreme Networks Summit X430 series Gigabit Ethernet standalone switches provide network edge connectivity for enterprises, branch offices, and small and medium-sized businesses. Summit X430 series are available in 28- or 52-port 10/100/1000 Mpps port models 8 or 24 port 10/100/1000 Mpps IEEE 802.3at PoE models and are ideal for network convergence of Unified Communications, wireless mobility, streaming media and multicast traffic on a single open fabric edge network.
The Summit X430 leverages a compact 1RU and 10-inch deep form factor, along with a low volume operating mode that makes it ideal for open office and wiring closet environments. Summit X430 series switches support up to 4 fixed front panel 100/1000BASE-X (SFP) unpopulated ports (two SFP ports on the 8 port PoE+ switch) that can be utilized for high-speed backbone or link aggregation connections between wiring closets.
Summit X430 series simplifies network operation by using the ExtremeXOS, a modular operating system (OS) that spans all Extreme Networks Summit and BlackDiamond Ethernet switches. Powered by ExtremeXOS, the Summit X430 series enables organizations to build highly resilient and secure edge networks that support high network uptime, simplified management, increased operational efficiency with low total cost of ownership.
The Summit X430 provides exceptional Policy-based QoS with advanced traffic management for converged applications. With eight hardware queues per port to support granular (8kbps-1Mbps) traffic classification, the Summit X430 provides flexible yet reliable solution for converged data, voice & video traffic.
Summit X430 series switches are based on the revolutionary ExtremeXOS that runs across all of Extreme Networks switches. Powered by ExtremeXOS, Summit X430 switches provide resilient, secure and programmable solution for your network edge application connectivity. Summit X430 switch provides low-to-medium density PoE+ and high-density Gigabit Ethernet ports plus dedicated SFP ports in a compact 1RU format, supporting intelligent Layer 2 switching with Layer 2 – Layer 4 traffic classification and QoS on every port for predictable network performance.
- 28 or 52 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- 8 port and 24 port IEEE802.3at PoE solutions
- Line rate performance on all ports.
- BASE-T connectivity to the desktop.
- Dedicated BASE-X SFP ports.
- ExtremeXOS Layer 2 edge feature set.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Features & Benefits:
Simplified Network Deployment
- Single streamlined operating system across the entire network.
- Automatic port detection & provisioning using Universal Port capability.
- Widgets & automation scripts to simplify operation & configuration.
- LLDP/LLDP-MED to provide device management
- High bandwidth, non-blocking architecture
- Quality of Service (QoS) with advanced traffic management capabilities.
- 8, 28 or 52 port
- Line rate ACL for controlling network resource utilization & network protection.
- Less than 5 µs (64-byte) latency
Comprehensive Security Features
- Identity aware role based policy and host integrity enforcement
- Extensive MAC and IP security functionality to help prevent man-in-the-middle attacks
- Multiple network edge authentication support with multiple endpoints per port
Scalability for Future Network Growth
- Layer 2 MAC addresses support – 16K.
- Total VLANs – 4094.
- Total trunks – 128 load sharing.
- Maximum Layer 2 Multicast groups – 1K.
- Integrate best-of-breed applications to your network with an open, yet secure XML-based Application Programming Interface (API).
- Integrate Extreme Networks and third-party developed software applications using open standards-based POSIX interfaces.
Enable Network Convergence
- Quality of Service (QoS) with advanced traffic management capabilities for converged applications.
- Traffic policing or rate limiting on ingress, 802.1Q tagging and Diffserv marking, and shaping on egress with eight queues per port provides predictable network performance.
High Availability & Resiliency
- Modular ExtremeXOS operating system
- Ethernet Automatic Protection Switching (EAPS) resiliency protocol.
- Spanning Tree (802.1D), Per VLAN Spanning Tree (PVST+), Rapid Spanning Tree (802.1w) and Multiple Instances of Spanning Tree (802.1s) protocols for Layer 2 resiliency.
QoS, Rate Limiting
Operating Conditions Temperature Range
Storage & Transporation Conditions (Packaged)
International EMC Standards
IEEE 802.3 Media Access Standards
**Except for the section titled “technical specifications” Extreme Networks makes no warranty whatsoever with respect to any other data contained in this data sheet including any (a) warranty of merchantability; or (b) warranty of fitness for a particular purpose;whether express or implied by law, course of dealing, course of performance, usage of trade or otherwise.
Summit X430-24t Summit X440-48t
Download the Extreme Networks Summit X430 Series Datasheet (.PDF)