Extreme Networks I-Series
Policy-based Industrial Ethernet Switch
Sorry, this product is no longer available, please contact us for a replacement.
The Extreme Networks I-Series is a 2-slot modular, industrially-hardened Ethernet switch with an IP50 dust-resistant design and Class 1 Division 2 support suitable for explosive gas and other physically demanding environments, such as manufacturing plants, oil refineries, and utilities. Along with its operational tolerance for extreme temperatures ranging from -40° C to 60° C, the I-Series combines multi-layer switching capabilities with wire-rate performance to support the demanding requirements of industrial applications. The I-Series provides 2 modular slots which can support up to 24 10/100Base-T Ethernet ports as well as 2 1 Gbps Small Form Factor Pluggable (SFP) Ethernet uplink ports. In order to provide a reliable, high-availability network, all I-Series models support redundant, 24-volt external power supplies as well as Link Aggregation Groups (LAGs) for scalable, redundant uplinks.
- Industrial Ethernet switch with 2 modular slots for configuration flexibility
- Industrial-grade components support explosive gas and other physically demanding environments
- Strong authentication capabilities enable placement in unsecured locations
- Redundant, 24-volt external power supplies
The DIN-mountable I-Series utilizes industrial-grade components and provides a set of event-driven relay connectors to support external alarms. In addition, the I-Series offers a portable, non-volatile memory card, which is capable of storing the system configuration and may be used by nontechnical personnel to quickly replicate the configuration on a replacement switch thus making it an ideal solution for dynamic environments without requiring dedicated technical support personnel.
In conjunction with its non-blocking architecture, the I-Series provides strong support for a variety of network-attached devices such as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), shop floor workstations, and security cameras. The I-Series' highly customizable Layer 2/3/4 packet classification capabilities together with its intelligent queuing mechanisms ensure that missioncritical devices and applications receive prioritized access to network resources.
Making use of Extreme Networks' policy capabilities, a network administrator can define distinct roles or profiles that represent industry-specific operational groups or devices. Each defined role is granted individualized access to specific network services and applications (e.g., supervisor, operator, PLC, security camera) and these access privileges remain associated with users/devices for both wired and wireless network access. Users and devices are authenticated via IEEE 802.1X, MAC address, or web-based authentication, and then assigned a pre-defined operational role ensuring that each user has access to appropriate information, thus aligning network resource utilization with business goals and priorities.
In order to sustain a secure, feature-rich and cost-effective network well into the future, the I-Series comes with a 5-year warranty.
- Industrial-Grade Reliability: Maintenance-free reliability can provide years of uninterrupted service in a wide range of severe temperature and hazardous gas conditions.
- Advanced Security and Traffic Control Features in a Hardened Switch: No switch vendor matches Extreme Networks for providing a secure infrastructure. This same functionality is now available in a fully-industrialized switch.
- Fully Managed Solution: The I-Series is securely SNMP-managed to allow control of the device by authorized users from anywhere on the network, while all events and traffic statistics are reported and tracked by the Extreme Networks Network Management Suite (NMS).
- Easy Installation: Optional memory configuration card allows non-technical personnel to field-replace I-Series switches with a simple removal and reinsertion of a memory configuration card. The card carries a copy of the switch configuration and allows settings to be quickly transferred to another I-Series switch.
- Supports a variety of network-attached devices such as Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), shop floor workstations, and security cameras
- DIN-mountable and rack-mountable for flexible installation
- Portable, non-volatile memory card enables quick configuration of new or replacement switches
- Operational tolerance for extreme temperatures (-40° C to 60° C) enables placement in uncontrolled temperature environments
- High-availability design and simple field maintenance minimizes technical support expense
- External alarm support enables problem notification without physical monitoring
- Integral security without performance degradation
- Network security maintained concurrently with user/device mobility
- Network resources securely allocated according to user/device operational roles
Support and Service
- Industry-leading customer satisfaction and first call resolution rates
- Personalized response services
- 5-year warranty
Standards and Protocols:
Quality of Service
RFC and MIB Support
|Power Supplies||2 slots for 10/100 Mbps I/O modules
2 slots for Gigabit Ethernet SFP uplinks
|I/O Modules||12-port 10/100 Base-T||4-port 100 Base-FX||4-port 100 Base-FX with memory configuration slot||6-port 10/100 Base-T with memory configuration slot||8-port 100 Base-FX||8-port 10/100 Base-T and 2-port 100 Base-FX|
|LED||1 red/green LED showing system status
2 green LEDs showing each power input status
2 green LEDs showing link activity of SFP ports
|Capacity & Performance|
|Address Table Size||8000 MAC Addresses
1024 VLANs Supported
8 Hardware Queues/Port
VLAN Spanning Tree (802.1S)
|VLAN Spanning Tree (802.1S)||4 Instances Supported|
|802.3AD Link Aggregation||8 ports per trunk group, 6 groups supported|
|Main memory||256 MB|
|Flash memory||32 MB|
(H x W x D)
|8.89 cm x 33.86 cm x 18.41 cm (3.5" x 13.33" x 7.25")|
|MTBF||182,146 hours||184,898 hours||159,144 hours||164,848 hours||164,891 hours||177,472 hours|
|Operating Temperature||-40° C to 60° C (-40° F to 140° F)|
|Storage Temperature||-40° C to 70° C (-40° F to 158° F)|
|Operating Humidity||95% Relative Humidity Non-Condensing|
|Power Consumption||The I-Series accepts 24 volt DC power only. The customer must provide DC power to the switch or purchase the optional external DC power unit (I3H-PWR).|
|Operation Shock||50 G Trapezoidal Shock|
|Agency & Standards Specifications|
|Standard Safety||UL 60950-1, CSA 22.2 60950-1-03, EN 60950-1, and IEC 60950-1|
|Standard EMC||FCC Part 15 Class A, ICES-003 Class A, BSMI, VCCI V-3, AS/NZS CISPR-22 Class A, EN 55022 Class A, EN 55024 Class A|
|Industrial EMC||EN 61000-6-4, EN 61000-6-2, EN 55011|
|Hazardous Locations||ANSI/ISA 12.12.01; CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 213- M1987; EN 60079-0:2006; EN 60079-15:2005; for use in Class 1, Division 2, Groups A, B, C, and D|
|I/O Module Dimensions||4.57 cm x 10.7 cm x 11.4 cm (1.8" x 4.21" x 4.5")|
|MTBF||657,722 hours||695,075 hours||432,172 hours||819,538 hours||477,350 hours||600,601 hours|
Download the Extreme Networks I-Series Datasheet (PDF).