Extreme Networks Products ExtremeCloud™ IQ
Enterprise Network Management
Enterprise Network Management Offering Intuitive Configuration Workflows, Real-Time & Historical Monitoring, and Simplified Troubleshooting
ExtremeCloud™ IQ is an industry-leading and visionary approach to cloudmanaged networking, built from the ground up to take full advantage of Extreme’s end-to-end networking solutions. ExtremeCloud™ IQ delivers unified, full-stack management of wireless access points, switches, and routers and enables onboarding, configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting, reporting, and more. Using innovative machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies, ExtremeCloud™ IQ analyzes and interprets millions of network and user data points, from the network edge to the data center, to power actionable business & IT insights, and deliver new levels of network automation and intelligence.
ExtremeCloud™ IQ operates on Extreme's third generation Cloud Services architecture, capable of supporting millions of infrastructure devices and hundreds of millions of clients per Regional Data Center. All Extreme Cloud Services components are hosted in secure SOC Type 1 data centers with 24/7 monitoring, scheduled backups, and build-in disaster recovery capabilities. The ExtremeCloud™ IQ offers rapid feature velocity, increased availability, and advanced flexibility desired for modern access network management.
Extreme Cloud Services also provides a full suite of cloud-optimized open APIs for developers to create 3rd party applications and user experiences including user onboarding mechanisms, proximity-based services, presence and location analytics, and more
Deployment options include Public Cloud, Private Cloud and a Local Cloud solution.
Different customers have different organizational needs. While many customers today opt for public cloud deployments with its many advantages, other customers may choose the Private Cloud, located on the customer or partner infrastructure.While still others choose onpremises deployments due to organizational or legal requirements. With one underlying cloud networking platform, the feature set is consistent across all deployment models, and customers can choose the option that works best for them without having to compromise on supported functionality.
Security & Operation
- Accounts are password protected and accessed via secure SSL
- Management traffic is encrypted and restricted using industry-proven CAPWAP protocol over HTTPS
- Out-of-band operation ensures no customer data traverses Extreme's Cloud Services
- Single-Sign-On (SSO) to ExtremeCloud™ IQ for administrator accounts
- Multi-Factor authentication with Google Authenticator for administrator accounts
- Multi-tenant architecture with secure account separation
- Centralized monitoring and management
- Integrated RBAC to delegate select ExtremeCloud™ IQ roles and permissions to different administrators
- VAR and partner management capabilities including account provisioning and maintenance
- ExtremeCloud™ IQ connectivity does not impact network operations servicing end-users
- 99.99999% uptime, excluding maintenance windows
Your Network Your Way
ExtremeCloud™ IQ is available in three deployment options that support one goal – to provide customers with maximum flexibility, continuous innovation, and consistent user experience. Choose to deploy ExtremeCloud™ IQ in any major data center environment such as AWS/GCP/Azure, or select something closer to home with local cloud options. It’s your network, we believe you should have the freedom to deploy it your way.
Extreme’s public cloud streamlines network operations with continuous updates, high availability, advanced machine learning analytics and insights, and anytime anywhere portal access.
Extreme’s private cloud provides the same benefits as the public cloud solution but is deployed and maintained within your own datacenter. It is ideal for managed service providers and customers that have deployments with over 5,000 managed devices.
Extreme’s local cloud offers the same flexible architecture, but in a simplified and highly cost-efficient infrastructure deployed on-premises. This solution is ideal for small to mid-size organizations who want the power of the cloud, in addition, to complete control over their local deployment.
- Auto-Provisioning: With zero-touch deployment, automatically apply configuration policies
- Dashboard: Intuitive, visual dashboard with contextual filters for a comprehensive overview of network assets
- Comparative Analytics: Anonymously compare operational and performancebased metrics to those of other organizations of a similar size and vertical.
- Application Visibility and Control: Visibility and control of application usage for professional and recreational applications and network services.
- Simplified Management: Guided workflows for creating and deploying network policies, with optional advanced configuration.
- Full Stack Management: Native Cloud Management of Wi-Fi, Switching, and SD-WAN.
- Network Health: Real-time and historical view of client and device health with built-in remediation tools
- Customer self-service sign-up
- Guided workflow for network policy deployment
- On-screen step-by-step guided configuration
- RF planner with map import and export
- Design with simulated APs on RF Planner map, then seamlessly swap these for real APs when deployed
- Devices automatically connect to ExtremeCloud™ IQ for provisioning
- Devices auto-provision with network policy and firmware udpates
- Guest Access functionality
- Device templates for switches, routers and APs
- Act as RADIUS server or RADIUS proxy, and as DHCP server
- Centralized view of all configuration objects
- Ability to bulk edit device properties
- Ability to schedule firmware upgrade
- Command Line Interface (CLI) access to Extreme devices
- Active directory/LDAP
- IPv6 support
- Syslog and SNMP server configuration
- Configuration audit, backup, restore, import and export
- Support for Extreme VPN gateway (VG-VA)
- Multi-tenant capability: supports multiple virtual organizations
Centralized Policy Management
- Device classification by location & timezone
- Customer application definition
- Client classificaion by location, OS type, MAC address
- Multiple user profiles for each SSID
- Time-based firewall and QoS policy
- Application, network and MAC layer firewall policy rules
- WIPS policy for rogue AP detection and mitigation
Security and Privacy
- Role-based access control
- Customer and network data is private and secure
- No customer data traverses Extreme Cloud network
- SSO for ExtremeCloud™ IQ administrators via SAML
- Optional multi-factor authentication with Google Authenticator for administrators
- EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) features including:
- Search for, download and delete personal data for specific users
- Creation of reports to document the above actions
- Graphical widgets and status cards with drill-down capabilites
- Time-range slider on dashboard for historical view
- 360° views of Extreme network policies, AP, client devices, users and apps
- Global search function by network policy, MAC address, serial number, user, hostname or application name
- 30-days of historic monitoring and reporting data
- Interactive Network Summary Report with easy sharing
- Savable contextual filters by location, SSID, policy, user, profile and client OS type
- Comparitive Analytics to anonmously compare operational and performance metrics against other cloud customers of a similar size and industry
- Onboarding and management of visitor and employee personal devices (BYOD)
- Provides multiple onboarding workflows via Captive Web Portal, Kiosk app and Guest Check-In applications
- Private PSK (PPSK), 802.1X (RADIUS) and PSK authentication
- Supports 3rd party and customized CWPs including HTML upload for added deployment flexibility
- Client 360° behavioral analysis; real-time and historical network performance monitoring and optimization
- Help-desk optimized interface with problem summary and suggested remedy
- Dedicated Helpdesk user role
- Real-time troubleshooting with probe messages and stage filters
- Historical troubleshooting with automatic issue detection
- Mark issue resolved or escalate issue with email notification
- Built-in Command Line Interface (CLI) and remote SSH
- RADIUS test
- AP technical data download
- VLAN probe tool for simplified troubleshooting of the wired network
- Optional packet capture analysis with partner solution (CloudShark)
- WIPS history report
- Drill-down capability from client list to client 360° view
- Device list with rich utilities for advanced configuration and investigation
- Real-time client list with SNR, RSSI, data usage and connection status
- Savable and reusable filters shared across dashboard and monitor
- Alarm and event lists with historical and real-time data
- PCI DSS 3.2 compliant reporting
- Rogue AP and rogue client monitoring
- Real-time data for connection clients and users
- Google Maps integration and navigation with floorplan upload capability
- English, German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portugese, Chinese
- Data centers with SOC Type 1 compliance (formally SAS 70 and/or SSAE 16), Type 2 and 3 compliance
- High availability with disaster recovery and redundancy
- 99.99999% Uptime SLA (excluding maintainance windows)
- Scheduled backups
- 24x7 monitoring
Download the Extreme Networks Products ExtremeCloud™ IQ Datasheet(PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.