Mitigate Risk, Simplify Management of Data Center Upgrades with Cross-Domain IT Automation, Single Pane of Glass Management, Pervasive Visibility and Analytics for Multi-Vendor Networks
SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 5, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Data center operations teams are feeling the pressure to keep pace with business demands for services at cloud speed, but monolithic technology stacks, limited visibility and manual processes are holding them back. To help customers overcome these challenges, Extreme Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXTR) today announced the path to the new, agile data center – one that allows organizations to automate at their own pace with cross-domain IT automation, management, visibility and analytics tools that work in any vendor environment.
New hardware and software in Extreme's Agile Data Center™ solution provides organizations with the tools they need to embrace automation, wherever they are on their journey. Secure, plug-and-play technology combines the best of acquired data center networking and automation tools with Extreme's powerful management, analytics and security capabilities to reduce the risk and mitigate the complexity – and manual labor – involved in deploying and managing multi-vendor environments and transitioning legacy architectures.
- Cross-domain IT automation: Extreme Workflow Composer, powered by Extreme's StackStorm™ platform, enables customized cross-domain, multi-vendor IT automation, enabling full integration of compute, storage, security and network resources.
- Automation at your pace: Extreme Embedded Fabric Automation enables plug-and-play data center fabric creation within seconds for a fabric of any size – with no need for additional software or servers. Customers can automate at their own pace with customizable workflows using popular tools such as Ansible, as well as the ability to move to full IT automation with Extreme Workflow Composer.
- Single pane of glass management: The Extreme Management Center™ platform delivers end-to-end, multi-vendor management and monitoring capabilities across the entire network – from the wired/ wireless edge and campus to the data center—reducing administration time and speeding issue resolution.
- Insights where and when you need them: The ExtremeAnalytics™ dashboard provides end-to-end application visibility and telemetry across the campus, data center, between VMs on hosts and to the cloud, enabling administrators to support the business with real-time information to make informed decisions. A virtual sensor captures traffic information on and between VMware virtual instances, without slowing down the network. The guest VM capability of Extreme's SLX family of switches and routers gives network administrators distributed analyzer capabilities for on-box analysis.
- Network adaptability and agility: Extreme's open and vendor agnostic architecture eliminates lock-in and forms the basis for a network that easily and quickly adapts to ever-changing business needs fueled by digital transformation. Seamless VMware vCenter integration accelerates application deployment through zero-touch VM discovery, VM mobility and VM server migration.
- Hardware for any use case: Extreme's SLX switching and routing platforms provide the foundation for the modern data center. New SLX 9030 leaf switches, designed for enhanced Top of Rack switching, and the SLX 9640 router for scalable, high performance border routing and data center interconnect (DCI), strengthen an already robust and comprehensive portfolio.