Sponsorship Focuses on Enhancing the In-Stadium Fan Experience.
San Jose, CA -- January 15, 2014 -- Extreme Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXTR), a leading provider of high performance network solutions, today announced an agreement with the National Football League to become the Official Wi-Fi Analytics Provider for the League and Super Bowl XLVIII. The sponsorship underscores the NFL's commitment to enhancing the in-stadium experience for fans and the critical role big data and analytics play in delivering on that goal for today's highly connected fans.
Extreme Networks will help the NFL analyze and solve the challenges associated with connectivity in stadiums. As the Official Wi-Fi Analytics Provider of the NFL, Extreme Networks Wi-Fi analytics technology can be available to all NFL teams to help manage and leverage big data to continue to improve the game-day experience.
- Extreme Networks intelligent Wi-Fi analytics technology is currently deployed to monitor and measure fan experience at the following teams' stadiums: Detroit Lions; Philadelphia Eagles; New England Patriots; and New York Giants/New York Jets.
- The implementation of Extreme Networks Wi-Fi analytics technology provides unprecedented near real-time visibility into what fans expect from their in-stadium experience, enabling each team to more easily deploy new applications and services to better the experience.
- The decision to deploy Extreme Networks Wi-Fi analytics technology is part of the NFL's overall plan to improve the stadium experience through guidelines established by the League for Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Extreme Networks Wi-Fi analytics technology enhances the management of Wi-Fi systems, allowing teams to better spend time and resources on delivering fans the interactive event they desire.
Chuck Berger, president and CEO, Extreme Networks
- "The introduction of mobile and social technology has dramatically changed the fan experience and access to high performance Wi-Fi has emerged as a necessary asset. Combined with our analytics technology, we are providing the NFL with the insights needed to bring a rich and digitally immersive game-day event to all fans. It's not just about delivering connectivity, it's about helping deliver an experience and that's the key."
Michelle McKenna-Doyle, CIO, NFL
- "Enhancing the fan experience is one the NFL's top priorities and the decision to team-up with Extreme for Wi-Fi analytics is a great step forward in achieving our goals. We were impressed with Extreme's implementations with the Patriots and the Eagles and we believe this agreement will help our clubs deliver on the high standards we have put in place to give our fans the type of experience they deserve."
Fred Kirsch, vice president of content, New England Patriots
- "Installing high-density Wi-Fi in our stadium in 2012 allowed the New England Patriots to deliver an advanced in-stadium experience to all of our fans and guests. With the network in place, we can now offer compelling content seen only at the game. Plus, with deep-dive analytics, we have the knowledge and tools to provide fans the connectivity they've come to expect. Deploying pervasive Wi-Fi was the critical first step, and Extreme's solution was exemplary. The use of analytics will provide a deeper layer of visibility into how fans are experiencing games and will help guide future improvements and next-gen applications."
Don Smolenski, president, Philadelphia Eagles
- "For fans today, attending a football game goes far beyond just watching the action on the field. People want to have the same connectivity at stadiums that they have in their everyday lives, whether that means interacting with friends and family or keeping up with scores and stats from around the league. Last year, we partnered with Extreme to install free Wi-Fi throughout Lincoln Financial Field. We are eager to build on that even further through the new agreement with the NFL."
Crawford Del Prete, chief research officer, IDC
- "Technology is transforming fan experiences. The NFL is at the forefront of this change. High-density Wi-Fi and analytics provide a true differentiator for connecting teams and fans - offering them a one of a kind game experience. Extreme Networks has proven its expertise in this area with the New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles, and is expanding that across the NFL. Innovations around Wi-Fi and network visibility have valuable applicability across a number of industries, including education, manufacturing and healthcare."
Chris Crowell, COO, Extreme Networks
- "The growth of mobile and cloud technology has fundamentally transformed the enterprise today. The conversion of the sum of resulting data to intelligence can be summed up in one word, visibility. By gaining insight on users and applications the NFL can deliver a better experience for everyone. This concept extends far beyond stadiums into all aspects of our lives, from schools and universities to hospitals and offices."